Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sleeping gas?

I taught a kids class today for the first time. There were seven of them and they were all about 7yrs old. They made fun of me and fucked about lots but it was quite good fun!

The Japanese fall asleep everywhere. If you get on any train you can guarantee that there will be people sleeping. It is almost expected that you sleep at some point on your journey. Today on my way home from work I was sitting amongst 5 Japanese people...they were all sleeping...although the older woman was fighting to stay awake. I have seen people miss their stop because they were sleeping on more than one occasion. I have seen salary men sleeping upright with a can of Asahi in one hand. Japan is a sleepy nation. I think the bright lights and humidity tire out the mind and body.

Maybe I can get the kids to fall asleep in the next lesson...

Book progress...page 73/433

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home